- EP3 Sonic Defenders protect your hearing without interfering with your ability to hear routine sounds or conversations. Their double-flange stem design fits most people and provides a Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) of 24dB. Sounds, at safe levels, are allowed to pass through into the ear canal, while potentially harmful noises (above 85dB) are reduced via a proprietary design that incorporates the patented Hocks Noise Braker filter. EP3s include attached stopper plugs, which can be inserted for further protection, and they also block out lower-level noise like that heard on a plane. They can be used in situations where hearing ambient sounds or conversations isn't critical. The right/left color-coded Sonic Defenders are made from a soft but durable, hypoallergenic polymer and are ergonomically shaped, with an adjustable-stem design, providing a secure fit, all-day comfort, and extended product life (3 to 6+ months, depending on usage and care). And their low-profile design means they can be worn while wearing a helmet or mask, or while using a phone or headset. Each set is packaged in a convenient carry case. Available in clear or black.
EP3 Sonic Defenders are sold as a single left/right set or in a box containing 25 sets. Each set is packaged in a convenient carry case.
Sizes are small, medium, and large. Sizing is based on the size of the ear's "concha bowl". Medium double-flanged EP3 Sonic Defenders fit most people comfortably.
For those with larger ear canals (as opposed to their concha bowl size), triple-flanged EP4 Sonic Defenders Plus may provide a better fit.Features:
- 24dB* Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) with stoppers inserted
- Lowers potentially dangerous noise levels above 85dB
- Hear safe sound levels (with stoppers out) as if you weren't wearing ear plugs
- Ergonomic design and double-flange stem design conforms to ear shape for comfort and secure retention
- Made from hypoallergenic, medical-grade polymer that's soft, durable, and long-lasting
- Low-profile design allows you to keep them in place while wearing a mask, helmet, hat, or while using phone, headphones, or supplemental hearing muffs
- Available in clear or black
*NRR rating with stoppers inserted